So often we hear tales of the beauty, women have lost due to childbirth and aging, and while, yes, we’d rather age than face the alternative, aging is not a process that, in and of itself, has to rob us of our beauty.
By making these five small, but significant, changes in our lives, looking younger is something we can start doing today.
Increased Sleep = Increased Beauty
It seems easy enough; when you’re tired, sleep. Apparently, it’s not. Most people are considered sleep-deprived. We’re busy, we’re stressed, and we have caffeine. Let’s face it, our society rewards workaholics and coffee shops have popped up on every corner to accommodate an apparent need.
During sleep, our bodies rejuvenate themselves. Well-rested skin is beautiful skin. Recent studies have also been purporting that sleep deprivation may even be associated with a difficulty for some people to lose weight.
Getting more sleep may be the easiest step you can take for looking younger.
Water Helps You Look Younger
You may or may not be old enough to recall the days before water was bottled. I am. While I would encourage you to get a re-usable water bottle, for environmental reasons, I am going to encourage you to take water around with you everywhere you go, which is something, strangely enough, few people did before the advent of all that capped plastic.
It far too easy for me to reach for a cup of coffee to perk me up, rather than a glass of water, but surprisingly, water may do a better job. I try to make sure I drink a glass or two of water for each cup of coffee I drink as well, since coffee’s diuretic properties can actually leave us more thirsty than quenched.
Not only does water hydrate our bodies (including our skin), water helps our bodies flush toxins- pesky culprits that age our skin.
Healthy Eating is the Key to a Youthful Appearance
Now, you can eat more than broccoli, and have an occasional piece of birthday cake, but on average, 5-A-Day is the rule. Five fruits and vegetables, that is. This isn’t a difficult step to accomplish.
I make sure I have a piece of fruit with breakfast, and a vegetable with my lunch and a vegetable with my dinner. Along with a bottle of water, I take a mid-morning apple, an afternoon baggie of raw baby carrots with me to work.
I try to make sure I get some leafy greens each day and not too many yummy potatoes. I also try and side with proteins and whole grains to complete my diet.
My favorite healthy food is sprouted grain bread, which is available at more and more grocers these days. Mind you, I do partake in butter and gravy. I’m not dead yet!
Exercise Helps The Entire Body Look Younger
Get fit. Increase your cardiovascular activity to at least 20-30 minutes a day, 3-5 times a week. (And yes, sex is good for you!) Unless you’ve been getting your ample sleep under a rock, you already know this though, don’t you?
Sunscreen Helps Protect Healthy Skin
Who hasn’t gazed on that black and white picture of Grandma and thought, “Wow! Grandma was a hottie!” The thoughts that follow are, “What happened?” and, “Is that going to happen to me?” It doesn’t have to. Grandma just didn’t have sunscreen to reduce the aging caused by sun exposure. Speaking of which, here are some recommendations.
5 Products For Anti Aging Skin Care
While many women may not think to begin using anti-aging skin products until wrinkles and age spots have begun to appear, many signs of aging can actually be avoided by taking the right precautions.
These precautions include wearing sunblock, taking care to keep the skin moisturized, an adequate skin cleansing routine, and by using anti-aging skin products, even before wrinkles begin to show.
1. Avotone: Avotone is a great product that works by relaxing the muscles in the face, diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, improving skin elasticity, and revitalizing the skin. In as little as 30 days, Avotone is guaranteed to make the skin appear up to 8 years younger.
While those in their 20’s may not need their skin to appear 8 years younger, this product can be used to prevent aging in the future. Avotone includes a number of high quality ingredients, including Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, avocado oil, potassium, Lecithin, Chlorophyll, and vitamins A and D.
Avotone is even effective is treating certain skin conditions, such as eczema, and is highly moisturizing and revitalizing.
2. LifeCell: LifeCell is an excellent product for those looking for anti aging skin care for 20s. LifeCell protects the skin from aging, while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firming the skin, improving skin elasticity, and also helping to reduce the appearance of age spots.
In addition, when applied around the lip area, LifeCell is known to plump the lips, while filling any fine lines around the lips, which results in a pouty, full appearance. LifeCell is a great product to use to prevent and slow aging, while improving the appearance of the skin.
3. Revitol: Revitol is a product that works to moisturize the skin, while working to give the skin a smooth and even appearance, that is free of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Revitol helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles around the eyes, which gives the face an alert and revitalized appearance.
Revitol even supports the skin cells in renewing and rebuilding, which improves skin elasticity, as well as the skin’s overall appearance.
4. Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum: Olay Regenerist helps to rebuild skin, by stimulating the production and strengthening of the skin cells. Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum is a great product that moisturizes and smooths the skin, while protecting the skin from the effects of aging.
Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum also works to firm and lift the skin, which may not be needed by those in their 20’s, but will prevent the loss of skin elasticity in the future.
5. Prevage: Prevage is a great product that works to protect the skin from the harmful pollutants in the environment. While Prevage must be obtained through a physician, it is very effective in revitalizing the skin and improving the overall appearance of the skin.
Prevage contains powerful antioxidants that help to improve and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, and will truly leave the skin appearing renewed, refreshed, and years younger.
So, there you go. Pick one from the list above, and start your course from the comfort of your home today; and of course, look hot!